Are you at home having too many things to fix, but your body really needs some yoga? Use your creativity and make use of the space around you.
Learn to connect to the breath. Gradually lengthen the inhalation and the exhalation making the chest expand.
Are you cooking? Stirring a risotto that takes a little too long?
– Do it on one leg: activate the standing leg by engaging the front of your thigh and contracting your butt slightly. Engage the pelvic floor and lift one leg up.
– Gradually challenge yourself with different positions and remember to change the standing leg.
Open the chest
Do you have a dinner table or a kitchen bench?
– Place the hands on the edge, stretch your arms and make sure your hips are in line with the feet.
-Let the chest sink down.
Stretch the side of the chest
Doors, wardrobes, the corner of a wall – anything with an edge will do.
– Place the forearm on the edge of the surface, creating some resistance by spreading the fingers and slightly pushing against it. Your body is facing the same way.
– Keep the forearm on the surface and slowly turn the body away from the hand. Stop when you feel the stretch.
Stretch the calf
Do you have stairs?
– Place the ball of your foot on a step
– Press the heel down and lean the body slightly forward to get a better stretch
Stretch the hamstrings
Did you drop something? Try to pick it up without bending your knees.
Release your neck
Are you sitting on the sofa watching TV? Give your neck a little stretch by leaning your head to the sides and front.
No extra time, space or outfit needed. Just do it!